WARNING – there is clinical discussion of sexual terms in this post.
One of the most boldfaced lies of the pro-homosexual movement is that arguments against homosexuality are solely based on irrational religious beliefs. Many who support traditional marriage foolishly allow the proponents of homosexuality to get away with this nonsensical claim.
But from a purely Darwinian standpoint, homosexuality is self-evidently a disorder.
Sounds crazy? Read on.
Let’s first examine Darwin’s theory of natural selection.
The University of Berkeley definition of natural selection is: “Differential survival or reproduction of different genotypes in a population leading to changes in the gene frequencies of a population.”
Translated into simple English, this means that individuals better suited to survive and reproduce pass on their genes more readily. In other words, from a Darwinian standpoint, individuals who exhibit a greater capacity to survive and reproduce are more “successful,” and have a greater influence on the genetic makeup of a species.
(As a purely enjoyable aside, does this mean that traditional Catholics who do not engage in birth control are superior to those who use birth control, in Darwinian terms?)
With this definition in mind, consider these simple facts about homosexuality:
1. Homosexual acts are medically dangerous.
This rather obvious fact is violently disputed by many in the homosexual community. But the facts are plain. Simple human biology shows that the human reproductive organs were developed to accommodate heterosexual and not homosexual acts.
There are many reasons why this is so – I will only list a few of them:
1) The female vagina has multiple layers of protective tissue (specifically, what is known as squamous epithelial tissue) that protect against the transmission of diseases. The mouth and the anus have fewer layers of tissue that protect against sexually transmitted diseases.
2) Ejaculation is an immunosuppressant – meaning that the immune system’s defenses are lowered at the point of ejaculation. In heterosexual relations, this allows sperm has time to enter and fertilize the female egg. In homosexual relations, ejaculation serves no fruitful purpose – and allows sexually transmitted diseases the opportunity to spread in places where there is little protective tissue.
3) Tearing of sensitive tissue not designed to withstand repeated trauma often occurs as a result of non-vaginal sex.
(It should be noted that heterosexual acts of oral sex and anal sex, and other forms of non-vaginal sex, also carry the same risks.)
Behaviors commonly practiced by many homosexuals, such as anal sex and fisting, carry with them even more medical dangers. I have also not listed the mental issues associated with homosexuality, which are numerous and severe. See the links at the end of this article for more details.
Here are four of the many medical conditions that spread rapidly as a result of homosexual activity (I have linked to medical sites for each one. For more links to the negative consequences of homosexual behavior, see the links at the bottom of the article):
Becuase of these illnesses, studies have shown that the life expectancy of homosexuals is lower than that of heterosexuals.
Studies cited by homosexual activists declare that homosexuals live 1.2 years less on average than heterosexuals, while other studies, most famously cited by Paul Cameron of the Family Research Institute (a defender of traditional marriage), declare that homosexuals live 20 years less than heterosexuals.
Predictably, homosexuals often claim that any discrepancy in homosexual life expectancy is because of discrimination, repression, and paranoia on the part of heterosexuals, who oppress the gay population and refuse to allow them to marry. This fails to take into account the many medical difficulties inherently associated with homosexual activity.
It is clear that people who practice homosexual acts shorten their lifespans by doing so.
2. The Darwinian theory of natural selection argues that the test of the success of a species is to spread the species. As the Wikipedia entry for natural selection states: “Modern evolutionary theory defines “fitness” not by how long an organism lives, but by how successful it is at reproducing.” Homosexuality, from a Darwinian standpoint, is clearly a disorder. Homosexual acts cannot produce offspring – so gay men and women effectively remove themselves from the gene pool by remaining homosexual.
Many claim that homosexuality exists in animals, and cite this as a justification for homosexuality in humans. But even assuming this claim to be true, the behavior of animals is certainly no justification for homosexuality in humans. Animals which do engage in homosexual behavior cannot propagate. Animals, like humans, eliminate themselves from the gene pool if they engage in strictly homosexual acts.
Homosexuality negatively affects the survival and reproductive capacity of its practitioners. Therefore, from a Darwinian standpoint, homosexuality is a disorder, which prematurely kills off those who practice homosexual acts, and which eliminates homosexuals from the gene pool.
Note: Homosexuality was originally classified as a disorder in the original Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (the official list of all mental disorders), but was eliminated from the DSM-IV due to political pressure by homosexual activists. (This, too, is disputed by the homosexual community.) Activists are now trying to eliminate Gender Identity Disorder, more commonly known as transgenderism, from the newest version of the DSM, the DSM-V, slated to come out in 2013.
Neutral site (cited by anti-homosexuals):