Thursday, August 18, 2011

Poetry Session!

I think men often need reminders that if we really wish to follow Christ, we must often take the painful path...

A Darker Road

I see Your body straining on the cross,
And yearn to bear with You Your weighty road,
And long to join You, paining in your loss.
God, grant that I make walk a darker road!
A path of painful thickets, thistles, thorns,
That road make mine, though I am frail and weak,
That I may bear mens' hatred, jeers, and scorns,
And learn to suffer ill and still stay meek.
The via dolorosa that You walked,
Let every step I take with Yours combine!
As You were mocked by men, may I be mocked,
And may my cross decrease the weight of thine!
The torment of the valley makes it sweet,
To bear Our cross in pain and joy, complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for Posting Comments:
1)All commentary is to be respectful.
2)Foul language/crude commentary is prohibited.
3)Use proper punctuation and capitalization.
4)Keep all posts in understandable English.
5)Refrain from personal/ad hominem attacks.
6) Sarcasm, humor, and witty commentary are welcomed.
All posts that violate these rules will be removed.
And the most important rule:
7) All posts are to reflect a spirit of Christian charity.